Top 9 Secret Confessions of a Teacher
“Not so much secret as they are depressing!”
9. Sometimes during my planning period I lock the door and sleep on a table in the corner of my room.
8. I know it makes me sound like a dick, but I truly believe I am much smarter than all of my bosses.
7. I believe there is no way that changing how we teach is going to change the culture of poor city neighborhoods.
6. If I was doing my job with any integrity, I would be giving a lot more Fs.
5. It is shocking how uniformly bad my bosses are at personnel management and how poorly they treat people.
4. I drink to deaden the pain of reading student essays.
3. Some of my students are hot. (high school only)
2. I swear to God I will shiv the art teacher if she makes me miss one more special.
1. I promise I will never, ever recommend that any of my students, my own children, or anybody I care about become a teacher.
Please, feel invited to add your own.