Welcome To Your Stories!!
This is a new Teachbad experiment. Its success is entirely dependent on reader participation.
Here’s the idea. You, the reader, the Teacher, have stories to tell and thoughts to share. We, the Other Teachers, want to hear them. So send a story to email@example.com and I’ll put it up on the NEW Teachbad Stories Blog. It will be linked to the main Teachbad Disgruntlement Blog (that’s what you are reading right now) and vice versa. Write about anything you want, as long as it has to do with teaching, being a teacher, schools, education, etc. My personal preference is for the absurd and demoralizing, but you should feel free to write about whatever you want. As George W. Bush would say, “Bring it on!”
1) Stories should be roughly 200 to 700 words in length; I want more than an anecdote, but less than your memoirs;
2) Add a title. If you don’t, I will create one;
3) Reveal as much or as little about yourself and your school as you choose. I will post it just as you send it, including spelling mistakes, etc;
4) I will not include your email unless you specifically ask me to;
5) Include links if you want;
6) I will have ultimate discretion over whether or not to post your story. But, between you and me, there’s not much I envision myself censoring;
7) As the entries come in, I will begin to sort them into categories;
8) C’mon…write something! (firstname.lastname@example.org)